Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crushed Pineapple Fruit Dip


The grocery stores are flooded with strawberries. They have me making my favorite “berry” good recipes!
Today I am “berry” tired. The kind of tired that results from late nights, early mornings, skipped workouts, and Panera’s French Toast bagels for most meals for several days (although delicious, not the best “every meal” food.) Last night I came home from a long busy day and sat on the floor of my closet to take my shoes off. I received a text and laid on my back to rest a bit while I replied. Anticipating a texting conversation, I rested there a minute waiting for the reply. Sometime later, I woke up – realizing I had accidentally fallen asleep- on the floor of my closet. I guess that means I did all I could in a day.
So I’m thinking for a healthier pick me up that will encourage more fresh fruit selections, I will make some Crushed Pineapple Fruit Dip.

Crushed Pineapple Fruit Dip

1 20oz. can crushed pineapple
½ cup sour cream or greek yogurt (or both if you like it extra creamy)
1 small package instant pudding (sugar free or regular, and I’ve tried vanilla, lemon, coconut and banana cream – no complaints- they’re all good)
zest of one lime
1/2 c.-3/4 c. flaked coconut
4 oz. Cool Whip

Thoroughly mix pudding with sour cream and/or yogurt. Stir in pineapple and lime zest. Fold in coconut and Cool Whip. Chill.
This is great with fresh fruit and La Panzanella Sweet Crisps (cinnamon sugar) Croccantini.

No comments:

Post a Comment