Monday, January 31, 2011

Hearty BBQ Sauce


The last time I ordered BBQ chicken in a restaurant, I was incredibly disappointed. By the time I peeled off the nasty slimy skin, with it- went the flavor. The sauce however, having licked it from my fingers, won my appeal.
I began to experiment with BBQ sauces that matched the hearty full flavor.
My kitchen looked similar to the bathroom counter in my childhood. As a young girl, I took down every bottle of anything in the cabinet and adding a bit of this and a squirt of that. The end product: a beauty potion of course.
When I went through my phase of experimenting BBQ sauces, I settled on the following potion that has oft been requested:

Hearty BBQ Sauce

1/2 cup Kraft spicy honey BBQ sauce
1/2 cup Bulls eye BBQ sauce
1T Worcestershire sauce
1T A-1 steak sauce
1/2 cup salsa.

Heat all ingredients until some of the liquid evaporates.
Pour generously over grilled chicken.

I'm still working on the perfect marinade for the chicken prior to grilling. Some experts recommend a brine. All marinades I've used from online sources are good. I like to add a 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke to the concoction.

This chicken is great as a main dish, or served on a lightly toasted onion roll for a hearty hot sandwich.

Here I am pushing the season again firing up the BBQ in January. But I didn't feel like soup tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment