Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie



I can't help but be hopeful...
Today is the final day of Y's tryout. He said things have gone fairly well over the past couple of days. He's pretty honest with his strengths and weaknesses each day as he comes home and gives us a full report. And- he's definitely having fun--finding joy in the journey. He made it a goal for himself for his senior year to be more aware of the simple things in life and how they can bring him happiness every day. The other night, just before bed, (I was already tucked in) he sent me a text outlining why it had been one of the best days ever, and told me "thanks for everything". I love his attitude, his outlook and his resolve.
Our life doesn't have to follow a certain course for us to be happy. We just need to choose to be happier while on our everyday course. My own kid is leading the way for me, so I think I'll make him a pie to celebrate.
Today, we can also celebrate a courageous basketball tryout!
The recipe is from my sister-in-law. She often brings it to family dinners and gets nods of approval from all!

Peanut Butter Pie
1 Oreo crust
Hershey’s chocolate syrup
4 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup peanut butter
¾ cup powdered sugar
8oz. tub of Cool Whip
Chopped peanuts

Whip together cream cheese and peanut butter. Add powdered sugar and beat until well blended. Fold in Cool Whip. Cover prepared Oreo crust with a thin layer of Hershey syrup. Spoon in peanut butter cream and smooth top. Chill thoroughly for 6 hours or put in freezer for a couple. Garnish each plate with more Hershey syrup and chopped nuts.

This pie is a quick, indulgent addition to your Thanksgiving table. Or- as it is for me, a way of simply taking delight in Y's attitude, outlook, and resolve while communicating
"Thanks for being all you are!"

No comments:

Post a Comment