Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Key Lime Coconut Fruit Dip

The other day I saw a quote that defined me.
"I danced like no one was watching but someone was watching, thought I was having a seizure and called an ambulance."
The worst grade I ever got in high school was a C in P.E. One quarter of my 4 years we did gymnastics. The teacher told me I worked hard, included all the important elements- except I had no grace...
Apparently, I exhibited this same flaw in the kitchen the other night. J was working on a school project at the kitchen table. W was working on his laptop nearby and I was bonding with my Kitchenaid. There had been a recipe in my head I was wanting to experiment with, so I got to work. The result?
Apparently I took a large rubber spatula and with all the absence of grace humanly possible I began to inhale this fruit dip.

Key Lime Coconut Fruit Dip
2 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup cream of coconut
12 oz. key lime yogurt
8 oz. Cool Whip
zest of 1 lime
*optional* 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Cream together softened cream cheese, cream of coconut, and yogurt. Fold in Cool Whip, lime zest and coconut. Let flavors meld a day (24 hours) before serving.

Did I forget to mention...Serve with fruit. In my kitchen this is completely optional. But perhaps the "Give me a spoon and get outta my way" mentality with resulting cream on my nose and chin, impairs the ability for others to concentrate on work or homework...

No comments:

Post a Comment