Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fruit Pizza


A year ago I received a thank you gift. It was a fruit pizza in the shape of the gift preparer’s car. I was being thanked for rescuing one of B's friends from a trick he himself had mastered- locking the keys in the car. I was delighted with the generous thank you. B's typical thank you was a text and a shy "sorry" when I saw him next.
So if you have someone to thank, or just want to try something fun,why not make your fruit pizzas on the personal size of things.

Fruit Pizza

Begin with sugar cookie dough. Roll out and cut out into desired shapes. Bake and cool completely.
There are many versions to the typical cream cheese layer.
The classic is:

Cream cheese layer:
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat until creamy and spread onto cooled cookie. Finally, top with fresh fruit, and toasted coconut if desired.

For a lighter layer, make the Crushed Pineapple Fruit Dip with fat free Greek yogurt and sugar free pudding, even omitting the coconut.-

Or give it a chocolate burst with the Chocolate Cream Fruit Dip as the middle layer. -

A few weeks ago, Y called one weekend evening while he was out with friends. There was an initial silent pause after I answered the phone which immediately rose my blood pressure.
"Mom- I pulled a B-...".
"What does that mean" I shrieked!!
"I locked my keys in the car." He replied with a snicker regarding my freak out.
So I grabbed a spare set and was silently grateful for such an easy pardonable mistake that B is famous for.

Easter is coming- why not make some bunny shaped fruit pizzas?

No comments:

Post a Comment