Friday, November 26, 2010

Monster Cookies


Today, the outside temps have raised enough to make sledding more fun. The frigid arctic cold system has left the area, and now it’s just cold enough for the snow to not melt, but be pleasant. From my warm, protected perch inside, I can look out my kitchen window and watch the group that has gathered today to sled.
A snow fight has now ensued meaning they will no doubt soon be in cold and wet. My Cocomotion is ready to brew some hot chocolate, and I’ve just taken the last batch of monster cookies out of the oven. The first time I made this recipe, I made it as directed. This time, I replaced some of the oats with flour. The finished product is a heartier cookie that I prefer- especially to help satisfy seven cold teenagers.

Monster Cookies

½ cup soft butter
1 ½ cups peanut butter
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. corn syrup
1 cup flour
3 ½ cups oats
2 tsp. baking soda
2 ½ cups combined of -chocolate, butterscotch, vanilla, or peanut butter chips and M&M’s.
Cream butters and sugars. Stir in eggs, vanilla and corn syrup. Add dry ingredients. Mix together. Fold in chips and M&M’s. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes, depending on size.

To be honest, I’m not a fan of the cold. I suffered from frost bite as a kid and can’t tolerate the cold, but I enjoy watching those who seem invincible to it. Somehow this group outside today just keeps on playing. I’ll gladly keep my perch inside, and enjoy the view from here! When they are done, I’m ready with warm cookies and steamy hot cocoa.

1 comment:

  1. I would start labeling your posts by subjects, "main dish" " cookie" " dessert"- then people can click on a subject and see all of your receipes easily.

    ReplyDelete